Thoughts from Kyoto - May 1st

And thus begins my month and a half in Kyoto for research. Time to see how self-motivated I can be when it comes down to it. Here are just some random thoughts that I wanna write down now so I don't forget about them. I'll have more detailed stuff on my topic later.

Although there are signs all over the place saying "We check ID when buying alcohol", they apparently don't actually bother to do so, at least not at the convenience stores.

I was rather surprised to see that the cafeteria at Bukkyo Daigaku (Buddhism University) serves various meat dishes. Huh?

Cool thing about Japan - I heard someone playing the theme from Mononoke Hime on what was probably a recorder.

Comments

  1. Hi Steven! It's been a while since I last visited your blog. By the way I'm in Kyoto already. I arrived last April 2. Your blog did help me in settling down. Thanks - Glenn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment